I’m always happy to speak to the media about my research and issues related to consumer privacy and data ethics, as well as topics of online harassment and social media use more broadly. Please contact me directly here.
I’ve included a selection of news articles where I provided comments below:
- Howley, D. (2021, March 17). Why America will never be safe from cyberattacks. Yahoo! Finance. Available:
- Paunil, J. (2021, February 10). The ‘Friday’ music video went viral 10 years ago. Rebecca Black has spent the last decade recovering. The Lily/Washington Post. Available:
- Anderson, B., & O’Brien, M. (2020, December 6). Despite promise, few in US adopting COVID-19 exposure apps. Associated Press (AP). Available:
- Hou, C-Y. (2020, April 3). Data Thieves Are Targeting Dead People’s Social Media Accounts. OneZero.
- Ellis, E.G. (2020, March 4). Greta Thunberg’s Online Attackers Reveal a Grim Pattern. WIRED. Available:
- Walsh, J. D. (2019, August 27). Ten years on, Foursquare is now checking in to you. Even the company is still trying to figure out whether that’s “cool or creepy.” New York Magazine. Available:
- Jones, N. (2019, February 21). Maryland bill seeks to prohibit using DNA databases to solve crime. Associated Press. Available: